We require all students to have their own devices in order to take full advantage of the school's blended learning approach. These devices need to fit the following specifications:
- A laptop, netbook, or tablet PC (smart PC) will provide students with a comprehensive learning tool
- Operating system – this device must have a full operating system - either Windows or Mac OSX would be appropriate. Note that not all tablet PCs, netbooks and Chromebooks have full operating systems. Please check this before you commit to a purchase.
- Internet browser – we use Google Chrome which has the necessary interface for our systems.
- Language – the device operating system and browsers must be set to display in English.
- Due to factors such as battery life and warranty, you will probably need to purchase two devices during the student’s five years at EGGS.
- Although Microsoft Office is not a requirement, students are invited to install a free download of Microsoft Office on up to five of their devices while enrolled at EGGS.
EGGS has a School-wide wireless system to connect students to web-based sites from their devices. We use a customised EGGS G Suite for Education environment for teaching and learning. We also enable our teachers to stay up to date with new technology and teaching practice through ongoing professional development, to ensure that the best approaches are used to support learning.
For additional information and recommended attributes, visit the Bringing Your Own Device to EGGS page.
Digital Citizenship Contract
All students at Epsom Girls Grammar School are required to sign a Digital Citizenship Contract. Click here to download a complete copy of the Digital Citizenship Contract.