Our vision is to create resilient, fulfilled, independent, empowered lifelong learners. The focus is on individual students achieving to their full potential. We work collaboratively with the student, whanau, teachers and community towards supporting the student to become a responsible citizen and a contributing and valued member of society.
What do we do?
- Design tailored programmes that are responsive to the individual needs of students with learning needs.
- Provide teacher aides to work in targeted classes providing individual or group support.
- Work with students who need intensive support in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Offer support to students whose behaviour affects their learning.
- Provide Special Assessment Conditions to students during significant assessments.
- Work collaboratively with student, teachers and whanau to develop learning programmes and transition plans.
- Provide access to and liaise with external agencies when needed.
- Year 9 and 10 Learning Skills Programme is a course designed to be responsive to the individual needs of students.
- Year 11-13 Learning Skills Programme are courses that offer learning opportunities to senior students in the management of their studies, development of their study skills, assistance with meeting their Literacy requirements and development of their testimonial skills.
- Expansion Thinking Programme is a philosophy course designed to promote working together to develop a deeper understanding around complex social, economic, political and religious issues using critical and creative thinking skills.
- Year 9 Philosophy Programme is a course that helps students understand themselves, apply logical solutions to complex ethical dilemmas, and develop deeper levels of questioning, thinking and tools that will help promote lifelong learning and inquiry.
- Peer Mentoring Programme focuses on developing student relationships between Year 13 student leaders working alongside Year 9 and 10 students with the focus being on their learning.