Below is a list of the prizes, grants and scholarships the Foundation administers. We are very grateful for the generosity of our donors and benefactors.
Arts and cultural awards
- Arts Council Scholarships are awarded to Year 9-12 students to develop outstanding talent and emerging leadership in the Arts. We award up to four of these scholarships annually.
- The Friends of Epsom Girls Grammar School Art Scholarship is awarded to an art student for tertiary study.
- The Kia Tu, Kia Maia Drama Scholarship is awarded to an outstanding young actor in Year 13 who has excelled in the drama program.
- The Raye Freedman Scholarship is awarded to students who show talent in the arts to support their future artistic pursuits. Applicants will have been recognised both within the School and at a regional or national level.
- The Silver Road Literary Scholarship is awarded to a Year 13 student actively involved in the writing curriculum. She will be recognised within the School or at regional/national level and will be planning to pursue a literary or creative writing course at tertiary level.
The Epsom Girls Grammar School Foundation has established a Heritage Fund to provide grants for student or staff activities such as science camps, writing and drama workshops, summer schools, sport, arts and cultural activities and more.
Senior prize giving
- The Anne Morris Prize is awarded to the Shakespeare Scholar of the year.
- The Barbara Elizabeth Cowan Prize is awarded to a senior student who has contributed significantly to helping other students who have reading difficulties.
- The Charlotte Gibbs Memorial Prize is awarded to a senior student for excellence in formal writing.
- The Coralie Blackwell Memorial Prize for English is awarded to a senior student who has excelled in English.
- The Emens-Spencer Physics Prize is awarded to a student showing excellence in physics, and who intends to continue studying science, mathematics or engineering.
- The Gay Roberts Prize for Science is awarded to a top science student. Gay Roberts was Deputy Principal at Epsom Girls Grammar from 1989.
- The John George Memorial Prize is awarded to a Year 12 student showing excellence in physics.
- The John Williamson Scholarships are awarded to Year 13 students who have established an excellent academic record in Year 12 and who are intending to continue with education at tertiary level.
- The Lucy B Moore Prize is awarded to a top Year 12 or Year 13 biology student who is studying and showing competence in at least one other science subject.
- The Prefects Legacy Award is awarded to a Year 13 student who has shown strong leadership skills.
- The Mary Melrose Scholarship for Excellence in Biology and Physics.
- The Te Kaitaka Cup is awarded to students who have shown their immense capacity for encouraging, supporting and working with others.
Making a donation
If you would like to discuss making a donation through the Epsom Girls Grammar School Foundation specifically for prizes and scholarships, please contact the Foundation Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 09 970 6715.